Follow these quick and easy tips to get the best from your jewellery and keep it in good condition for years to come.
- Store each piece of jewellery separately to keep them from knocking and scratching against each other.
- Remember that chemicals, air pollution, hair-spray, creams, perfume, and household cleaning products can discolour and tarnish jewellery.
- Try not to wear your jewellery whilst swimming or using a hot-tub, since precious metals will react with the salts, chemicals and chlorine usually present in such environments.
- To remove tarnish, you can soak in hot water and phosphate-free washing up liquid, and then rinse and dry using a soft cloth. Alternatively, you can use a good quality jeweller’s cloth such as a silver cloth, and tarnish cleaning pads.
- If your jewellery has become extremely tarnished and black in colour, or if you have broken it, we do offer a refurbishment and repair service – simply contact us for details email@example.com